Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Social Work Exam Quiz: DSM Time Frames
1. Encopresis (repeated passage of feces into inappropriate places). Chronological age is at least ___ years (or equivalent developmental level).
2. Binge-Eating Disorder. Beinge eating occurs, on average, at least once a week for ___ months.
3. Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (severe, recurrent temper outbursts). Primary criteria have been present for ___ months or more. Age of onset is before ___ years.
4. Insomnia Disorder. The sleep difficulty occurs at least ___ nights a week and has been present for at least ___ months.
5. Manic Episode (in Bipolar I). Decreased need for sleep (e.g., feels rested after only ___ hours of sleep).
6. Brief Psychotic Disorder. Duration of episode is at least ___ day(s) but less that ___ month(s).
7. Schizophreniform Disorder. Symptoms are present for at least ___ month(s), but less than ___ months.
8. Schizophrenia. Continuous signs of the disturbance persist for at least ___ months.
9. Cannabis Use Disorder. "In early remission" if criteria have not been met for at least ___ month(s) but for less than ___ months. "In sustained remission" if criteria have not been met for ___ month(s) or longer.
How'd you do? Answers in comments.
These aren't depths that will necessarily be plumbed on the ASWB exam, but if you know this stuff, you can safely say, "DSM questions? Bring 'em on. I'm ready."
And if you're looking for real, exam-style DSM questions to practice on (along with all the other types of questions), check out SWTP practice tests. Tell 'em "Pass the ASWB Exam" sent you!